Note to New Members ×

Sunday River

powdahbonz

Gnarly snow today.  Snowed, rained, groomed, rained, froze.  Bulletproof, groomer ridges everywhere.  Lots of dragged snow and pits from the tillers.  Took 4 runs.

Still wearing these pants much to the disappointment of mr john deere.  As you can see, there was great lighting.

IMG_1817_zps1fhmza9b.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was out at Sunday River yesterday and it was NOT BAD!

Just two runs open from the top of Locke, T2 and Sunday Punch. T2 had more coverage, less traffic, and overall better snow. Upper Sunday Punch to the mid-station wasn't bad in the morning, but it got most of the traffic and the best snow got pushed off by midday. Lower Sunday Punch was pretty sketchy at the bottom where the coverage was thin. I was glad to have my dedicated rock board. 

It started snowing around noon and didn't stop for the rest of the day. 

Snowboarding in OCTOBER! 

Next Sunday, I'm likely to be at Wildcat, unless Bretton Woods is open. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, powdahbonz said:

Glad you’re getting after it but going to wait a weeee bit longer before even the rock board comes out

It was good last week... come out and play man.. look for the old guy and his son on hard boots, and say hello

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Went to the rivah today to sample their "most terrain open in the east" claim... 

Wow, that wasn't worth it... at all.  Bad conditions, blowing snow on nearly all the open runs.  Frankly it was dangerous there were serious voids in several of the runs right in the middle with no markings at all.

I'm going to give them some time to get their operation in a better place before I go back...

Should've went surfing at Higgins today instead...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sitting at Sliders by the Jordan lift spending WAY too much for some food and an overhyped beer. 

Light is Uber flat. Conditions are challenging. Crowds are large. 

They are so far from being 100% open.  I know it's just January but I'm not certain they will achieve 100%. There are bare slopes everywhere and they are blowing water at the top. Yeah water not snow. 

The new Jordan 8 is operating at really slow speed... apparently it had some issues yesterday. 

A few more and we're done.