Note to New Members ×

On the fence about SES?

Michelle

All booked! Starting to plan the ten days between SES and a week in Telluride, knocking around CO and visiting several resorts I've not ridden yet: Keystone, A-Basin, Breck, probably a day at Vail, and perhaps Powderhorn and Sunlight as I have to hit Grand Junction on 2/15. Any recommendations on places to ride (carving, alpine or tele, and softboots)?

All booked! Starting to plan the ten days between SES and a week in Telluride, knocking around CO and visiting several resorts I've not ridden yet: Keystone, A-Basin, Breck, probably a day at Vail, and perhaps Powderhorn and Sunlight as I have to hit Grand Junction on 2/15. Any recommendations on places to ride (carving, alpine or tele, and softboots)?
Keystone is great if you get it on a weekday - NOT the weekend. ABasin is a locals mountain that we ride at and love. I would not suggest Breck - it's not the best snowboard mountain (ok, maybe in softies), definitely not a great carving mountain, and always crowded. If you go to Vail, try to hook up with Lowell Hart. He's one of the best carvers and a super nice guy. Not too sure about Powderhorn and/or Sunlight - try getting in touch with Grandjunctioncarver.

And don't forget Loveland! Those guys ride every weekend, sometimes during the week, and always on Sundays. A great group of people and super fun to ride with. Check out the CO ride page http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/forumdisplay.php?11-CO and definitely the Yo LCI thread http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?23475-Yo-Lci!!.

Been on the fence for about two months ... buying my plane ticket today for my first SES. Very excited. Looking forward to riding with everyone.

Yeah Tabby! Taking the plunge, awesome! You can make us all jealous at ECES afterward and tell us all your fun stories :D Never been out west skiing/snowboarding. One year I'll make it out to SES...have a blast.

Been on the fence for about two months ... buying my plane ticket today for my first SES. Very excited. Looking forward to riding with everyone.

I'm still on the fence. Kelly and Alex are going on a cruise the 1st 2 weeks of Feb so I am wide open..

Checkout airfare from Syracuse-Denver!....$277 return, all taxes and fees included (last time I checked that was $500 better than Air Canada)

There should be three or four of us from Grand Junction that should be at the SES this year. We can meet up at the session and fill you in on Powderhorn (1650 vertical feet only 45 minutes from GJ on the magnificent Grand Mesa). We have 6 runs that are well groomed and that you can carve on - Bills, Maverick, Peacemaker below the lift, Redeye on West end, and sometimes Wonderbump and Lower Equalizer. Sometimes we can get as many as 6 carvers on the mountain but normally 3 or 4 of us.

OK. Got an AirBnB place booked just out of Dillon until Thursday. I'm planning on Lovey for Sunday after SES. See you there. Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

LCI members who attend SES are usually in recovery mode the weekend after the session but there will definitely be some members on hand to ride with.

Ink