Note to New Members ×

Whitetail 2013-14

piusthedrcarve

Here we go again.

WT and Liberty started making snow last 2 days. Snowguns in Snowshoe have been in full action for a week already. Once we get some snow on Wed/Thurs this week, at least few may open for this weekend. I was in Sun & Ski in Chantilly few days ago and they had a sign that WISP's opening date is 29th.

Again, I will be riding WT mostly on weekday. If WT is not ideal for early season, maybe somewhere else. Please reply this tread if anyone is going up WT. Dave, hope to see you at slopes more often this year. I know I will run into Goro & se7en most of times. I haven't seen loupa5 and drummr25 last season at all. Hope to see all in near future.

Wow. Today it was good. Liberty only opened 6 trails for the temporary early opening but condition was good. Little slow due to snow machine turned on til 10 but once it got turned off and thawed a bit, covered area was good.

Little struggled on first few runs but found the sweat spot of new deck on 3rd run and rest of day was FUN. Especially the Backside trails.

Oh. I found 2 other hardbooters. One on blue UPZ and the other on Red Deeluxe on those runs but couldn't talk to them since I was busy watching my kid.

Great early start of this season it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a great start this year with the early cold temps and snow!

I'm on a break this year due to a baby due any minute, so I hope to be back on the slopes in 2014-5!

(I just sold the last of my 3 boards last week, so I will be lurking on BOL to buy some new toys for next season :o)

Have fun out there!

Friday was ... Good. Snow condition was chalky and fast. Few more blue runs were opened. Still my favorite Farside wasn't opened yet. Met davekempmeister at base around noon but couldn't ride together.

Although I was with my kid and followed him mostly, i was able to do slalom turns on few runs. Great leg burning turns they were on 158.

Next visit will be on coming Tuesday w/o kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a blast yesterday. I spent few laps on SnowPark and went to HomeRun and did few more laps there. Then, met Dave at base with hardbooter-wanna-be Mick and spent most of time at SnowPark. Around 11, it became flat lighted and had to wait few min. on the top for sun before we head down. Snowguns were blowing everywhere and spots under them were slow but manageable. Dave ripped the trails as usual with his long stick. Crowd was non-exist and no wait time ever. Just before 2, we went up to Exhibition where it is usually mogul but was flat and well groomed black diamond pitch. First 1/3 of trails were very carve friendly but the rest of the trail was too steep for me, with flat light. Quad burning run it was. I switched back and forth 158 and 170 and was confirmed their edge hold were superior. All in all, best riding day so far. Now I will be dormant until New Year. See you guys next year.

Pluscarve- I ride a few days a week and have the next 13 days off, will be there every day. Always looking to find other hardbooters to ride with. My buddy Dave and I hardboot it most of the time. I also ride with Roger, older dude on a Schwal

J

Used to have the rasta jacket last year, sporting an orange one this year. I like to get out there early in the morning for the first few hours, until the crowds roll in around 11am and the mountain is littered with people, I find they are not used to someone carving turns on a snowboard, not used to the arc and speed of the turn....... have had a few uphill skiers/snowboarders not realize this

i had a good time the other day Pius. nice to see you and nice to do some laps together. hopefully, they will survive it (temps). i don't ride if the overnight is above freezing. the night before, of course. here's Farside, your favorite run -

Tanker 187, maybe 2-3 years ago. i've got to get another one of those boards. i gave it to a liftie at Bromley in VT last April. big smile on that kid.

• 4 weeks later...

They desperately need to make or get snow. I read last night they're making snow, so that's good. I've been there Sunday/Tues/Wed nights and the snow was pretty bad granular, so much so that I bought another board with some added shock absorption just so I can make it down the slopes without bouncing around all over the place =)

What a condition today was! Packed Powder. As grippy as it can get. Although it was first day for this season, se7en got his groove after few runs and made nice arcs.

Started on SnowPark and met Mugika2. He came all the way from Richmond to ride with us. We took him to see how he is at. He was having tough time to ride on edges due to his current deck, 180 GS. After putting 170 Madd under his feet and few tips, he was carving nicely.

Dave, first of all, I almost couldn't recognize you with your new look if you weren't on the long deck. Nice clean shave. You looked 10 years younger.

And sorry for leaving you all alone. I was working on newbie to join WT crews. :) and my son was with me today too. Andrew told me that you were riding Tanker afternoon with new fashion. Totally missed that.

Oh. When I was explaining how to drop the body to de-camber on the lift, you blasted down right under us with leaving deep ruts. He got it right away. Thanks.

It was a great day with carvers. 10 to 4. Longest riding in a day for this season.....so far.

Sent from mobile device using Tapatalk