Note to New Members ×

Mount Snow

Just back from two perfect days.  Met and rode with Tom and his wife Jodi from Hunter ,NY.  He was ripping on a soft boot set up, riding his Donek Flux.  Tom from ski shop was also ripping for the last three days as well.  Made some minor adjustments to my Coiler 178, and was loving it!

Nice. Any recommendations on what area of the mountain(north area?) or trails to spend for a "power hour" first thing in the morning? I've heard horror stories about weekend crowds but I'm headed there next weekend with my lovely wife. Will be on softy freecarve setup most likely. 

Any recomendations much appreciated! And if anyone wants to shred, let's do it. 

Most of the main mountain has nice blue cruisers.  The north face has some steeper and tighter trails, that are carve friendly especially after grooming.  Carinthia has the terrain park with tons of jumps and features.  Weekend crowds should start to ease now.  

• Like 1

Fresh snow? Head to Northface right away.

Regular day might maximize vertical via an Express to Cascade then Canyon or Upper to Lower Exhibition (see if they have bumps on the way up). For variation dip into lower rollercoaster from canyon.

Ridge is often busy but if it's not that's a nice run as well.

Beartrap can be a fun run.

Carinthia can have great groom left late in the day. Mineshaft to Inferno can be a blast.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone keeps tabs in this thread, but I'll be at Mount Snow this weekend and would love to connect with any fellow carvers on the mountain. Conditions this season have been prime, and I've been thrilled with my new Donek Flux 🙂  Feel free to give me a shout here or at my email – drichards0701@gmail.com. Cheers!

On 2/25/2021 at 7:41 AM, *Ace* said:

I ride at Mount Snow, but not on the weekends. I usually go random Mondays, maybe a Tuesday of I get lucky.

Gotcha. I'm typically there weekends, but will sometimes get early hikes up the mountain on Friday or Monday, and get a half day in before work (more or less, depending on work schedule). I'll likely be up this Friday 3/5 or Monday 3/8 – would be great to meet up. I'll plan to drop a note here beforehand and will check in with you. Cheers!

Edited by Drichards0701

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...