Note to New Members ×

Mount Snow

How is Mount Snow? I've only ever been to Stratton (my favorite so far) and Killington. Mount Snow is closer to me (coming from PA/NJ), and lift tickets/size of the mountain seem to be similar to Stratton. A buddy and I are thinking about hitting it up March 16th, and I would appreciate any comments/complaints about the mountain. Any nice wide groomers worth doing? Or should we consider another mountain? :D

Thanks everyone

Nick

Nice hill. It can get crowded on weekends with all those bums driving up from...oh, wait :rolleyes:. Snowdance has always been a favorite of mine, especially in the spring.

Do yourself a favor and bang a left off of Rt 91 onto Rt 2 west at Greenfield, MA and then a right on Colrain-Shelburne Rd/Rt 112 to Rt. 100 in VT. It's more direct and a nicer drive.

• Like 2

thanks for the tips! Yeah nice wide blues are fine, a wide black diamond with good conditions also works. It's funny, spring riding is kind of interesting - at least here, you can see how many seasoned riders are actually at the mountain by the amount of parking spots left during peak hours. For example, if conditions are terrible, I feel like most good riders just pack it up, so even at peak times there will be a smattering of parking spots here and there. Anyways, my point: I think maybe there's a spring exodus of people/bums from down here that head up to VT. Can't say I'm not one of them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/live-cams/

That's a link to Mt Snow web cams. You can see something for yourself. I check it every day but haven't been there in a few weeks.

There's a bunch of good wide runs on the lower mountain. Canyon. Snow Dance, Lower Exhibition, Coopers Junction. From the top there's Upper Exhibition, Long John, South Bowl.

Had my daughter with me when we left on Wednesday early afternoon.  The roads got progressively worse as we went south, but mostly just wet.  At the 91/95 junction, it was snowing very wet and hard.  Had to keep pulling over to keep windshield clean.  I wish we could have stayed for the Big powder day, but just like last year's dump, the mountain was not ready for it.  They had some issues with lifts?  Hoping to get back there this week.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...