Note to New Members ×

Good weekend for Beech? Or will it just be crazy?

DrCR

Crowds shouldn't be terrible but i would get there for first chair. It'll crowd up by 10 and die down during the lunch rush. I usually ride first chair (literally) to about 1 or 2. What are you driving? It can sometimes be sketchy driving the last few miles. I wasn't thinking on going this weekend but maybe now :) where you coming in from?

As far as snowmaking its hit or miss....

4WD SUV. I'd be driving up from the south, so I thought about staying in a hotel in Banner Elk late Saturday and then hitting the mountain first thing Saturday morning. I kind of depends on how work works out though.

I got really spoiled on Widowmaker at Snowshoe a few weeks ago too -- all I can figure is most everyone was intimidated by the steepness and taking the less intense side runs. So I could actually take up the whole width without worrying too much about getting slammed from behind. I was more than happy with the arrangement since narrow runs are an issue of survival for me. I doubt I will have that luxury on Southern Star and White Lightening at Beech on a Saturday though, and with ice being dumped on via snow making, and the tremendous noise they make, hum, I may call the mountain, depending on how work works out, and see if they are planning on making snow.

Yeah, turns out I'm booked for tomorrow. I may see if I can get Monday off. I'll let you know if I do. (I've never boarded with another hardbooter before -- I'm a few days a year guy, so I'd enjoy getting pointers from you and learning from your technique, if it works out.)