Note to New Members ×

Electric Loaded Longboard?

dano

• 2 years later...

I've got a boosted board last year and it's been a blast! The setup is a lot softer than most longboards I've ridden and it carves great! The only downside is I wouldn't recommend sliding this board until you change the setup...73mm orangatang wheels, caliber trucks and the spongy deck make it harder to snap back and I've caught myself doing some great superman impressions trying. The advertised range is legit but extending out your range on downhills doesn't really make an impact where I live. I could see it if you had some flats that lead to a long downhill but the resistance when kicking is annoying. I sent the guys an email asking if they were looking into a clutch element for the drive system but no luck...braking with the remote is great you can decelerate very quickly if you can footbrake at the same time...20 to 0 in about 40 feet. Mind you that took some practice.

I mostly use it for freeriding around my neighborhood and daily commute to work. It tackles hills like nothing...I get a lot of comments from the bicyclists as I pass them on the Williamsburg bridge! The ride is about 4 miles with a lot of stop and go which kills the battery so I keep an extra charger at work for the ride home. They've upgraded the software that allows the board to go up to 22mph and brake harder and I'm just waiting for them to release it as a download rather than shipping it back to them. I would like to mention that the price has gone down and that any of you carvers who are used to a little speed would get quickly bored with the less powerful setups...spend the $ and get the top of the line carve at top speed going uphill! 

p.s. always looking for hacks to 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...