Note to New Members ×

Hot Gear Bag

orser506

I thought I would share my opinion of my Christmas present to myself.

The Hotgearbag Classic, what a piece of gear. I am completely spoiled. Warm, no , very warm boots when i get to the hill, gloves are warm, socks yup.

If anyone was considering buying one don't hesitate. They are very well made, very well thought out and look good to boot.

I bought the single boot version but i can fit my AF700's 28.5 and my daughters ski boots 24.5 in the bag without fear of breaking the zipper. Or it hold's my boots,donjoy knee brace , butt pad, camel bak, helmet , 2 pairs of goggles , gloves,tools and wax. It comes with a carrying handle, a shoulder strap, two straps on each side(in case two people need to carry it) and i Just found these the other day in another compartment, backpack style straps. It works on 110 220 12v and has three settings, warm , dry and hot.It has several vents that let moisture escape if you choose to leave your gear in over night to dry out. Another cool feature i found today , there is a zippered compartment on the bottom that houses a removable pad for you to stand on out in the snow bank so your little piggy's don't get cold.

The only downside that i have found is that it is so cool that someone could consider stealing it if you leave it at the lodge. I use a decent lock to secure the zippers together if i leave my spare boots in it. Also i run a decent cable type lock thru several of the D rings and secure it to table ,bench pop machine etc. That way if some ahole took it the bag would be mangled when they got it loose.

I give it a big thumbs up for functionality, looks, and price $139 (i think) hell , i've spilled that much in liquor some nites:biggthump

post-483-141842356144_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the review! I was looking at ones of these and wondering about it. The one I saw also came with a 12V DC car adapter. Does the model you bought include this?

Do you think there could be issues with using this bag (especially on the hot setting) with heat moldable liners?

Thanks for the review! I was looking at ones of these and wondering about it. The one I saw also came with a 12V DC car adapter. Does the model you bought include this?

Do you think there could be issues with using this bag (especially on the hot setting) with heat moldable liners?

Mine came with 12 v dc adapter.

According to the users manual (which you can find online on their website)

Hot is 150 f

dry is 130 f

warm is 122 f

I think you have to get liners up to 250-260 f for the material to actually remould, but also in the manual it says,

"if you have had any custom work done on your boots or if you have temperature sensitive orthodontics, check with your boot fitter before using this bag . As a precaution we recommend using the DRY setting .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had the Classic model for 3 or 4 seasons and I love it. It's so nice to have warm boots when starting in the morning. I find they keep my feet warmer. While not an issue for my Sazuka boots, it make getting into my Technica ski boots so much easier.

I have orthodics, I plug them overnight in the "dry" setting the night before and plug into the car when driving up to the mountains.

I have the classic model, which fits my boots, 2 pairs of gloves, pants, and an extra top in the main area. There are separate pockets for a helmet and goggles. Make sure to use these, as the main compartment will melt and distort goggle frames!

Here is their website, which lists the shop that carry them...

www.hotgearbag.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved one of these in the mail. Looks nice so far. I'm hoping that it will simplify my snowboarding trips, so that I can just put everything in the bag at the end of the day/weekend and plug it in to dry things out. Usually when I get home after a weekend of snowboarding I end up having to leave gloves/boots/outerwear lying around to dry them out and I'm hoping this will prevent that. I got the "pro" model since it seems to have more room. I'm mostly concerned about it getting too hot and overheating my liners, so I think I will mostly be using the "dry" setting.

I'll update this once I've had a better look at it. Anything that makes snow trips simpler and more hassle-free is a plus in my mind.

It won't overheat your liners. It will, however, overheat those new Fischer Vacuum heat-moldable ski boot shells so don't use those in this thing (if you ski and just spent $800 on boots). For those of you who have had your plastic shells punched out by a bootfitter, you may find that repeated warming of the shells will cause your punch to start moving back to it's original mold, but even that's unlikely on most of our hard snowboard boots.

It won't overheat your liners. It will, however, overheat those new Fischer Vacuum heat-moldable ski boot shells so don't use those in this thing (if you ski and just spent $800 on boots). For those of you who have had your plastic shells punched out by a bootfitter, you may find that repeated warming of the shells will cause your punch to start moving back to it's original mold, but even that's unlikely on most of our hard snowboard boots.

Thanks for the info. The bootfitter I use most frequently is really pushing those Fischer Vaccums hard, no worries though since I don't have a pair. I *have* had my boots punched out quite a bit in several places since I'm somewhat downsized. I'll keep an eye on it. I mostly just want to use it to dry things out - not so concerned about toasty boots in the morning.

• 6 months later...