Note to New Members ×

Ruroc RG-1 Helmet System

slopestar

Here is the Ruroc RG-1 I purchased online at www.ruroc.com. This is direct from the vendor in Great Britain. It is also available via facebook and another dealer in the US at www.rurocusa.com. Cost with shipping was @ $265 USD.

First of all, I like this helmet and anyone that sees it is drawn to it. It is snug being a large model and I do not feel I have a large head. If you are a big boy or have a ton of hair, it may not fit. They do have an extra set of padding available/ mine was ordered as a medium and had the large padding included so the shell size from M-L is the same. That said...included in my stylish box was:

1. 2 stickers

2. a keychain

3. xtra padding

4. soft goggle pouch

5. helmet/goggles/mask

6. simple instructions and a miniature bible of instructions(need a microscope to read the print)

That said, Pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Cool factor/you look like a storm trooper(interpretive)

2. Nice snug but comfortable fit

3. its got a mask

4. awesome goggles with great field of view

5. full wrap helmet/covers the ears and wraps deep into the back of the neck with comfort(even with a large coat with hood)

6. Mask is comfy and easy to put on and take off with gloves(takes some practice)

7. I was running laps and got hot on an above freezing day/ NO FOGGED LENSES!!!

8. For the money, the system works well together and is effective at protection and integration of mask helmet and goggles with room for earbuds

Cons:

1. Cool factor/you look like a storm trooper(interpretive)

2. The mask has flaws

a. no tether for the mask.lift line

b. it still collects moisture just like a baclava or bandana, etc...

c. it sits very close to your face and the securing tabs could wear out

3. cost. its not cheap

4. Like any helmet when doing vigorous activity, it gets hot and you sweat

5. For the money, a t-shirt or a helmet bag or some other, better swag would have made me feel better about the high price

6. Big heads must pass this one by

Ruroc delivers a good system at a good price. You have to decide what works for you and this, works for me.:biggthump

post-8448-141842350246_thumb.jpg

post-8448-141842350249_thumb.jpg

post-8448-141842350251_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

My review based on one day of riding in temps from 16 to 30 degrees. My head measured 57 cm and I got a M-L. If your head is bigger, this would be too tight. Helmet is heavier than my POC. Viser is not long enough to shield morning sun. Helmet pads are tight and push on my jaw bone. Helmet vents are ok in colder temps but gets warm as temps rise. Face mask does not block as much cold air as I thought it would, but on the other hand it does not get too warm as temps rise. Did get some condensation, but not bad in the dry CO air. It does keep the sun off your face, which is probably good, unless you want the goggle tan. Overall, I like the concept, but not sure I will use it all the time.