Note to New Members ×

Anyone near Crabbe or Big Rock?

orser506

Just wondering if there is anyone out there willing to hook up sometime to give me some pointers and advice. In 2003 i was just starting to get into hardbooting and had a bad crash and tore my knee up. So this is the first year since then that i felt strong enough and to try again. I would be willing to pay for your lift ticket / gas . Also has anyone been to mt . farlange near edmunston? I've never been there but am thinking about it just for different scenery. I live in near Hartland NB 1/2 hr from Crabbe and Big Rock. 2 hrs from Edmunston.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Orser, I met a carver from Hartland at Poley last year, was that you? (Maybe your son?)

I usually get up to Crabbe about 5 times a season, especially when the riding gets rough at Poley.

You can get my e-mail from my profile if you want to let me know when you're going. -Dave

Well, glad you're taking up the discipline again. I'll look for you if I'm around on those days. I'm off every other Fri-Sun. Also, might be interested in your Cateks on behalf of a friend who needs bindings, if he will shell out for them... Also, I have a 171 Alp 4 sale. -DC

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Conditions are pretty fantastic at Poley right now. Everything is open and the groom is holding up all day. With these temps, it should stay great 'til a rain/thaw next Monday. Nice to see a few carvers out there yesterday.

(This is a bit of a cross-post, but the previous post seemed to kill chatter for the whole region.)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't speak for the rest of the Province but Ben Eoin surprisingly held up very well considering how much rain we had. Excellent carving conditions and the snow guns are still blazing. Hopefully we can survive this next warm up as well!

Great to see such an early start for our area!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...