Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Corey -  

My buddy & I plan to be there. We usually get there pretty early (7:30 - 8). Look for us in the lodge at the top of the stairs. We can probably get you a bit of a discount on a ticket. The forecast doesn't look like carving conditions. 

3 hours ago, Dusty Bottle said:

Mario, you working that hood again???

"03/01/19 – Due to power problems down line from the ski area, XCEL Energy will turn off power to address the issues. Loveland will not reopen today. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to skiing with everyone tomorrow. Uphill access is closed for the day."

On a 10" pow day no less

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Corey said:

Looks like I'm going to be in Denver and available to ride on Monday Mar 4th.   Is Lovey my best bet?  

old school ski area, no frills, no escalator, no starbucks.  pack supplemental o2,lodge at 10,800' give or take a few feet. Best value by far. have fun

Mario

10 hours ago, Corey said:

My plans changed. Anyone riding Loveland on Tuesday? 

I'm planning on making a few laps tomorrow morning.  I should be upstairs across from the Wedge Bar around 7:30ish.  No snow predicted for tonight.  Might be some decent albeit soft, groom.

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
after thoughts and getting old sux
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Corey said:

Cool, see you there.  I'll be in a blue jacket, red pants, with a confused/lost look on my face. 

Don't lifts start at 9?  Why 7:30?  

Corey. Front range traffic Sucks! Mid week won’t be an issue. But we all like to get there early, warm our boots, eat, whatever. Hope you have a great time. Enjoy! 

49 minutes ago, Corey said:

Cool, see you there.  I'll be in a blue jacket, red pants, with a confused/lost look on my face. 

Don't lifts start at 9?  Why 7:30?  

'Cause that's how we do it.  Avoids traffic and gives us an opportunity to get our karma in line with the fall line. And a betterer parking spot

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

finally, a couple of real pow days.

I haven't had the tanker out in a few seasons now, we just haven't had the snow worth bringing it out.  Until yesterday.  Big crew out yesterday, which quickly dispersed into several smaller groups all chasing their own agenda.  DT, Shelly and Terry took of in search of gnar off of 4 and 8, Scott and Joe took off for parts unknown, while Colozeus, Ice, Inky, MR. JOHN DEERE and myself headed over for some untracked on my lawn, than over to the south chutes,with an unexpected sojourn over to the north chutes due to a navigation error by one of our guests( who let that Phuckin guy lead anyway?)  Then back for a few more on my lawn to take advantage of better vis.  JD, great riding with you, we need to do that more often, and thanks for extracting Johan from his second bomb crater yesterday, that was mighty nice of you. I just rode past him and laughed on his first one.  No friends on a pow day I guess

mario

32 minutes ago, slopestar said:

Corey. Front range traffic Sucks! Mid week won’t be an issue. But we all like to get there early, warm our boots, eat, whatever. Hope you have a great time. Enjoy! 

31 minutes ago, big mario said:

'Cause that's how we do it.  Avoids traffic and gives us an opportunity to get our karma in line with the fall line. And a betterer parking spot

19 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

Grom Stoke prevails here in Colorado...preparation is 90% of the job...you will be salivating by the time the lift opens...

^^^ What they said. ^^^

I'm coming from south of Denver and 7:00am traffic mixed with C470 construction sucks, plus I70 doesn't take much to shut down.  I'd rather be sitting in the lodge, dreaming of groom, eating eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy.

White, gray and black jacket, white helmet, across from the Wedge... just look for the old guy with the CO 37 Loveland hat.

See you there!

James