Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

The day was great with never ending wind and the sun. 

We had Jordan, Scott, Joe, and myself were in presence at Loveland. Weather prediction said 0-1" of snow yesterday but it was sunny day throughout but high wind at the top of Ptarmigan and Chair 6. Jordan and myself went right away to Ptarmigan from Chair 1 to get some carving under the sun. The condition was one of the best this year with nicely packed snow. In addition, Firecut run was groomed so it made a nice time for great carving from the top of Ptarmigan. Jordan and I got separated after some more runs through Firecut so I made it over to Roulette. I hardly saw anyone on Roulette and max waiting time was 1 minute before I got empty run. I must have been the only carver on Roulette for 8-9 runs. The runs were smooth and hard without any trenches LOL. I hope Jordan, Scott and Joe had fun day at the slope!!

Have a safe trip to Montana for everyone who went!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

All you slackers missed a good one today.

Stellar sunny, skies, cold and windy.  Scrub, firecut, and roulette where all mowed like 8 passes wide, and the average mes was at about 1.5-2. Ice and I both ran out of steam before the kook factor got too out of control,  Henceforth, we adjourned to the Rat for recovery beverages, where we met up again with James.  The Dude cut out early to address a malfunctioning furnace.   Did I mention that Firecut was sublime?

The beast, which is more sound than fury, and not very happy going up some of them big hills, sucked down quite a bit of fuel, not sure how much, since I drove up on the front tank, which has a broken gas gauge, and I switched over to the rear tank  about halfway home just to be safe. I am missing the silver sled.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

^^ Early meaning plan on leaving Denver around 6:00.

Or even earlier if it actually snows.  4'' is now an epic pow day anymore for some unknown reason, leading to a lot of irrational behaviour on the roads

Edited by big mario
Stupid kindle autocorrect
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnE said:

Come up mid-week. No I-70 traffic and very few on the slopes. No fear of crashing either on the road or on the slopes. 

I wish I could, but it is very rare that I can invoke the powder clause, with that pesky job, clients,and whatnot

Mario

A mid-week powder day isn't much different from a weekend powder day - crowds wise. A mid-week day when there hasn't been any snow for several days is very relaxing. Most of the other slope-sliders are older skiers. Very few straight-liners. Little worry about collisions. 

The exception is Fridays. Fridays are becoming the new Saturdays.  

3 hours ago, Colozeus said:

She might just murder me. 

That solves your traffic problem. My recent experience is that Fridays are still unlike Saturdays, unless some fool decides to get the crashing out of his system before he gets to the hill.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, D.T. said:

That time when you and two dumbass friends piled in the truck and made a 16 hour drive...

ED3BC5A4-FD10-4299-819C-C07DFF17ACD6.jpeg

Eerie similarities...

image.png.bd4e63d99ba4690340e51cdd9678ad10.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

That solves your traffic problem. My recent experience is that Fridays are still unlike Saturdays, unless some fool decides to get the crashing out of his system before he gets to the hill.

Eerie similarities...

image.png.bd4e63d99ba4690340e51cdd9678ad10.png

You amuse me

https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/colorado

Looks like a pow weekend, but who knows. The snow gods could just decide to dump it all just on i-70. I'll be there this weekend, including Monday. I'm assuming i'll actually be able to make it to the mountain. I hope the Outback i'm renting holds up. The last outback i rented had busted wiper motors that would crap out under a load of heavy snow. 

Also, quick question for you guys. The GF is a beginner pizza skier and only comfortable on greens at the moment. I'm thinking we'll probably just stick with the lower part of loveland for saturday or the first half of that day. (The zig-zag area.) Should i just park at that lower area? Isn't there a lift that links both areas up? I'm assuming they also have rentals at that lower lodge...

1 hour ago, Colozeus said:

Also, quick question for you guys. The GF is a beginner pizza skier and only comfortable on greens at the moment. I'm thinking we'll probably just stick with the lower part of loveland for saturday or the first half of that day. (The zig-zag area.) Should i just park at that lower area? Isn't there a lift that links both areas up? I'm assuming they also have rentals at that lower lodge...

He man, if you are talking about the area around chair 3, that lift is not working but has short bus that goes from chair 3/beginner area to the Chet’s dream (main ski area)

i know I will be there on Sat and Sun! Unless it is mad traffic....

2 hours ago, Colozeus said:

If you think that you'll be at the Valley - park there. If you think you'll be at the main area (The Basin) - park there. You can take a bus between the two but it seems like an unnecessary complication. At the Basin, Lift #2 & Ptarmigan serve greens & blues. I seldom go to the Valley but there's nothing wrong with it - just no steep terrain and mostly beginners. 

5 hours ago, JohnE said:

- just no steep terrain and mostly beginners. 

You haven't been on switchback, double dip or twist. The valley has much more than meets the eye, that's why we short bus it when the basin gets stoopid

Mario, you working that hood again???

"03/01/19 – Due to power problems down line from the ski area, XCEL Energy will turn off power to address the issues. Loveland will not reopen today. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to skiing with everyone tomorrow. Uphill access is closed for the day."

• Haha 1