Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Wow - Am I glad that we went up on Friday. I talked to 3 guys here at work that went up Saturday. One gave up in Golden, one took 2 hours to get from the Dino lots to Idaho Springs (and then bailed) and the third went to Loveland but it took him 3 hours.

TOO MANY PEOPLE!

5 hours ago, slopestar said:

Surprising to hear how soft the snow was as grooming at winter park was a consistent 1-1.5 on the MES yesterday.

They got 14" in the prior 24 hrs, so between soft snow, comfy temps and sunny skies, it was almost spring-like.  

More snow in the forecast all week!  Bring it!

• Like 1

Looks like 3 day Groom on Sunday, chompin' at the bit ova heah, hoping to feel just a touch infected by then, (translation: I am surely hoping that I can ride my rather large virus on sunday, it has been much to soft as of late for such shenanigans) if'n yaknowwhatimean.  Inky, can you play hooky? D's meetin' me at the house, and I have room in the luxurious  silver sled for ya!

counting the bloody effin minutes til then

mario

A public service announcement about that dumbass toll lane:

If it says accident ahead, tolls waived, don't take the bait, the will still try to charge your ass if it clears and you are going more than 5 mph. Trust me on this.

1 hour ago, big mario said:

Looks like 3 day Groom on Sunday, chompin' at the bit ova heah, hoping to feel just a touch infected by then, (translation: I am surely hoping that I can ride my rather large virus on sunday, it has been much to soft as of late for such shenanigans) if'n yaknowwhatimean.  Inky, can you play hooky? D's meetin' me at the house, and I have room in the luxurious  silver sled for ya!

counting the bloody effin minutes til then

mario

Your infection is contagious. I will be testing my new to me Cyborg 181, 14.5 waist. Big camber and stiff. 

I know... It's a snowboard please don't tell my Mono friends...

• Like 3

'' don't @ me bro''

Awesome tidbit of conversation I was subjected to by 3 nitwit stoner brah shredders in the parking lot as I was changing out of my gear this afternoon.

Other than that, an absolutely stellar day on the hill today, though I did manage to take myself out  when I hit one of my own toeside trenches, folding the nose on the 195, and launching myself on my bhudda belly superman style, down about a third of the steepest pitch of roulette.  Gave myself a good rib shot, which I didn't feel whilst leading our normal post ride  no injuries toast, Though it is definitely making its presence known now. Crazy good turns made today by Dustin, Ice, James, Odd job, Yasu, and myself. Dude, from what I saw on that first run, you are going to rip on that new virus once you get it dialed in. Scott, ejoy that new prior, and let me know when joe is ready for some one on one.  Btw, glad we didn't hop on the short bus today, both switchback and twist where closed for racing today, and will be again several times in the coming months, we need to hit that agin before we run out of time

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big mario said:

'' don't @ me bro''

Awesome tidbit of conversation I was subjected to by 3 nitwit stoner brah shredders in the parking lot as I was changing out of my gear this afternoon.

Other than that, an absolutely stellar day on the hill today, though I did manage to take myself out  when I hit one of my own toeside trenches, folding the nose on the 195, and launching myself on my bhudda belly superman style, down about a third of the steepest pitch of roulette.  Gave myself a good rib shot, which I didn't feel whilst leading our normal post ride  no injuries toast, Though it is definitely making its presence known now. Crazy good turns made today by Dustin, Ice, James, Odd job, Yasu, and myself. Dude, from what I saw on that first run, you are going to rip on that new virus once you get it dialed in. Scott, ejoy that new prior, and let me know when joe is ready for some one on one.  Btw, glad we didn't hop on the short bus today, both switchback and twist where closed for racing today, and will be again several times in the coming months, we need to hit that agin before we run out of time

I don't know about rippin, I was fearin for my physical being. I left feeling lots of muscles I didn't know existed...

• Like 3

On 1/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, slopestar said:

Missing the band of Misfits... and those apres’ toasts! Be well guys. Aspen this Thursday-Sunday. Going to Hook up with some other carvers while there. 

I am heading there tomorrow.  Riding Wed  to Friday. Trying out the apex stealth on the Virus  Revolution soft boot carving board. Aspen is a lot closer  than Turner.

Edited by arneburner

Another stellar day of camera whoring, carving, and camaraderie, with a little trail carnage thrown in for fun.  Windy, and warmish, with light alternating between flat and excellent. We had a couple of out of state guests today, Johan(aka Colozeaus) Bill( Possibly Bill b) and his daughter Shannon. Groom was good, almost firm, I was still getting in  about 3" in places, but that's just me. Also earning participation trophys today where, Dennis , Dusty Bottle, Ice, Ink, Monodude, Odd Job, Yamifumi and myself. Ink and the dude where both sporting vintage liberations, Inks set up properly, with Dudes setup as a bastard mono.  Dennis, thanks for taking the time out of your riding and spending it in the snow behind the lens, and to you as well Mr positive for doing the same. Thanks for sharing it with us in the rat post ride, It still amazes me how riding can appear so effortless on video, and yet be something totally opposite in real time.  DT, Ice, Inky, Mono Freak, Odd Job and I  are off to Montucky  next weekend, so y'all need to keep representing

mario

• Like 3

19 hours ago, big mario said:

Another stellar day of camera whoring, carving, and camaraderie, with a little trail carnage thrown in for fun.  Windy, and warmish, with light alternating between flat and excellent. We had a couple of out of state guests today, Johan(aka Colozeaus) Bill( Possibly Bill b) and his daughter Shannon. Groom was good, almost firm, I was still getting in  about 3" in places, but that's just me. Also earning participation trophys today where, Dennis , Dusty Bottle, Ice, Ink, Monodude, Odd Job, Yamifumi and myself. Ink and the dude where both sporting vintage liberations, Inks set up properly, with Dudes setup as a bastard mono.  Dennis, thanks for taking the time out of your riding and spending it in the snow behind the lens, and to you as well Mr positive for doing the same. Thanks for sharing it with us in the rat post ride, It still amazes me how riding can appear so effortless on video, and yet be something totally opposite in real time.  DT, Ice, Inky, Mono Freak, Odd Job and I  are off to Montucky  next weekend, so y'all need to keep representing

mario

Great riding with you guys! My apologies for lapping you guys, but i had limited time on sunday since i had to head back to the airport, and this only being my 3rd day of the season, i needed to get as many runs in as possible! Love you guys! And thanks for all of the priceless advice you have all given me. i would have probably thrown away all my hardboot stuff if it wasn't for the community!

Here is a video that @yamifumi shot of me:

Edited by Colozeus
  • Like 5

Hi Big Mario, it was great to meet you guys . Sorry we didn’t stick with you guys longer but time with a grown daughter is precious and we where each flying off to different cities in a few hours. My daughter thought it was neat to see so many people on this wierd gear that she has seen me on for years . If you or any of the guys have any any pointers for me it would be welcome. Thanks 

• Like 2

Its always nice to have out of towners drop in to our little big mountain, it gives us the opportunity to ask “whoze that phuckin guy”. Nice to meet you and your daughter, you have taught her well. Only thing I could see is keep an eye on that trailing hand. Let us know next time you’re out this way

mario

• Like 1