Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

here's a pic of the expansion. currently i think there are only 4 trails cut. from what's been released on the Booth Creek corp. site the resort will eventually expand to 12 new trails and 4 new lifts. i've heard rumors of trails cut to skiers right of Walking Boss & a straight shot down the middle of the mtn between Upper Flume & Sunset. JD can probably elaborate.

post-580-141842231626_thumb.jpg

it is due to the expansion, it cost 13 mil just to put in the new road over too there. but hopefully it scares some people away. this winter it got pretty bad with the crowds. they have started cleaning the trails up by burning the brush. if any of you guys drive by during the week, you can see the smoke. its not your frat buddies either "BEER FEST". the new trails seem like they have a decent width and pitch to them, but you cant tell till your on em.

13 mil!? god damn thats pricy. Hopefully it'll work out for them. Hiking prices like they did isn't going to help them out that much though since many will just go elsewhere. How wide are they?

We dont actually have a frat, we just made our own. Most people dont know who PJ stock is, they just like the shirts.

that 13mil was actually a good investment, theyre hoping to get around 35mil back when they sell all the new house lots. thats the deal buster, without the contract to expand the mountain, the lots wouldn't sell. so that 22mil difference is the majority funding for the new lifts and the lodge over there. but the price hike on the passes will definatly help. i figure that they sell around 4,000 threedom passes a year just thru loon, thats a sh!t load of money. it could be more, but they will probably have there return on investment in 2 years. they know what theyre doing. howeva, the trails from the kanc look pretty wide, if your looking at it from the kanc the one on the right looks sweet. im going to sneak up there in the fall with 2 paving crews and make it smoother than i-93! :eplus2:

your f***in kidding me. How much do those condos sell for? Also, i always thought that resorts would make more money on day lift passes instead of season passes. The way it looks, i'm probably wrong about that, but i think someone said $100 for a day pass. you're better off going to Cannon or even Killington.

when those lots first hit the market 2 years ago, the lots alone were going for 200-250,000. on the new houses over there the lowest ones that ive seen were in the mid 800's. and if you drive by the lots, they are for the most part spoken for. also, they have people coming in from everywhere. i know if i were to spend that type of money, im sure i could find something in colorado for about the same price? it should be interesting what happens up there in the next 5-10 years. you bringing up a keg this weekend?

damn, 800,000...im sure some people bought up as many as they could to make a killing. I can't see myself spending that much and still being on Loon. I mean, its a nice mtn and all, but as you said, out west would be more worth it. The northeast is so expensive now, its crazy.

Got work all weekend to start getting the school off my back for all my violations. I might be there closing weekend though, if theres anything left. I can't believe its almost over. :( This season has been so good for me. For the 15th, me and a bunch of people are planning to hit tuckermans if the weathers good. I'll get to whip out my BX boards for that.

your f***in kidding me. How much do those condos sell for? Also, i always thought that resorts would make more money on day lift passes instead of season passes. The way it looks, i'm probably wrong about that, but i think someone said $100 for a day pass. you're better off going to Cannon or even Killington.

Gleb, I was speaking facetiously about the $100 lift ticket. They'll probably go up $5.00 per day. I was having sticker shock & a bit of keyboard rage when I saw the 07-08 season pass prices jacked up on 'roids.

Way back on page 1 of this thread I mentioned in November that on the first day of the season there were 1,975 season pass holders & only 25 lift ticket skiers on the hill. (1st hand info from a ski patroller). Hopefully higher prices weed out the gapers & 3-dumb warriors so the trails will be less congested.

eh guys wtf is goin on with enzo?? he's been talkin about vikes and morphine and $100 lift tickets...now he's talkin 'ROIDS!:freak3: don't do it dood they'll turn into fuzzy little kitten balls...you need big ones to ride the pr on the icy flume:nono:

eh guys wtf is goin on with enzo?? he's been talkin about vikes and morphine and $100 lift tickets...now he's talkin 'ROIDS!:freak3: don't do it dood they'll turn into fuzzy little kitten balls...you need big ones to ride the pr on the icy flume:nono:

:lol:

saw the doc yesterday. he wants me off all pk's. :( just sticking with Tylenol these days. it's gonna be rough!!

prognosis is great. pool therapy asap, then I see the doc again in 4 weeks for some more xrays. also trying to have my knee looked at b/c of some nagging tendonitis. since my pelvis is just bone fractures, doc says everything WILL heal back to 100%!!! I'll do some PT to get me back on my feet, but then I can train on my own through the summer. I may have to hit the weight room with the varsity football team to work on some tree trunks. I'll be back.....

you lucky mofo's--

woke up to winter this AM with 1-2" outside. still snowing lightly now. 6-10" forecasted overnight for up here. temps cold through the weekend. have fun. :angryfire

glad to hear the good news. You addicted to the painkillers yet? We have so many people at my pharmacy that are addicts, its crazy. They will always try to fill their stuff early.

example: A guy comes in and tells us to transfer some painkiller in from a walgreens pharmacy. Everything is fine. He comes in 3 weeks later to refill and is suprized why we wont let him fill his meds 2 weeks early. He then says he never actually got it filled last month. I quickly tell him that it was transfered in from walgreens. He then yells at me saying he never did anything like that and that he's always had it filled at my pharmacy. He keeps on yelling and asks to speak with the head pharamcists. She tells him the same exact thing as I did and he explodes again and just runs out of the store.

We also have notes that techs and pharmacits leave regarding patients on the main page of their profile and in his it said, "****NEVER FILL EARLY****" and also a simple, "dick".

What a day...off to work I go.

THIS THREAD IS EPIC ! :biggthump:biggthump

You have 12 post(s) in this thread, last 20 Hours Ago

5 Attachment(s) Loon/WV Opening Days ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 )

Enzo

32 Minutes Ago

by Gleb Go to last post

136 2,278

eh guy, why get consumed over the soap opera discussions in the other forums?? This is where it's at!! :lurk:

i just spoke to enzo i have the rights to his vike refills! :freak3: im trading him straight up for some left over winny that i had from my heavy weight days in the u.s.h.l. he sould gain about 10-15lbs of bulk this summer with some hard work and the help of the needle. agile, mobile and scenile :eplus2: team32 meating saturday 7:45am, at the bunyan!

I saw it snowing half the day, no accumulation here. How much snow up there? I'm either going to loon or Okemo with my friend on Friday.

Off topic again: Worked at a pharmacy next to Boston University today. Lemme tell you, those girls LOVE their birth control and live off of Plan B, which kind of makes no sense since most of the girls that get Plan B are on birth control. God bless America:biggthump

the mooch goes on.............

Last day of the 2007 guvna's gaunlet series to be held at loon mtn this w/e. Injuries and new family commitments have pared the field down to the final participants. it's anyone's game on this final day of competition.

I'd also like to welcome Team 32's newest member. Manch Mike has just added a new guy to the roster....Cameron. Best wishes to Manch and his Wife.

nut fur nuthin guy, but the cameroon le ayotte looks a like petabilt? eh?

congrats to manchvegas, i called him today he sounded like he was changing his first diaper. i was so honored!

the mooch goes on.............

Last day of the 2007 guvna's gaunlet series to be held at loon mtn this w/e. Injuries and new family commitments have pared the field down to the final participants. it's anyone's game on this final day of competition.

I'd also like to welcome Team 32's newest member. Manch Mike has just added a new guy to the roster....Cameron. Best wishies to Manch and his Wife.