Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Went to WV today. Conditions were unbelievable from 8-10am--Deer Valley-esque corduroy!!! Hit the front side trails and North Side, never made it to Sunnyside (true grit area). Got a bit scratchy after 10am on anything steep, but packed powder was still plentiful elsewhere. Crowds were light & coverage was much better compared to Loon's--hardly any gravel or sticks to avoid. Desantis is gonna make a killing off me this winter. time for a team 32 vs team 28 scrimmage.

spotted a few bbts kids but didn't see any gates. what trail did you guys shoot on? worked on my skillz today so I'm ready for the call up on Sat. got my 4-pack of RedBull chillin'. who else is showin up? is rejean going back to back??

I was helping with the WVBBTS team this weekend (I was wearing a black coat and was riding either a Donek or a Madd), we ran SL gates on High Country on Saturday. Worked on free riding on Sunday. I thought the snow was the best that it has been all season. I was still able to find good carving terrain as late as 2:30, at that time my legs then cried "no mas". Is there any interest in masters race training? If there is interest I will talk to the club and see about either a perdiem rate or a price for the season. We usually get hill space 1/2day on both Saturday and Sunday and on some weekends we get a lane both morning and afternoon.

• 1 month later...

It's only Wed. so things may change, but here's the latest weather.com projection. Forget about what I said regarding the 4WD/AM.

...POTENTIAL FOR A MAJOR STORM SYSTEM TO HIT SOUTHERN AND WESTERN MAINE AND ALL OF NEW HAMPSHIRE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING...

LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST FRIDAY AND IT APPEARS AS THOUGH THIS STORM WILL INTENSIFY RAPIDLY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST FRIDAY NIGHT.

IF CURRENT COMPUTER PROJECTIONS ARE CORRECT THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE WIDESPREAD HEAVY SNOW WITH MOST LOCATIONS SEEING AT LEAST 6 TO 10 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION...WITH AS MUCH AS 10 TO 15 INCHES OF SNOW AT SOME LOCATIONS.

i need a cortizone shot

have any extra to spare? :freak3:

to make it through saturday, I'm thinking 1 advil per inch of snow.

are you coming up in the iroc?

stevo-can you easily replace those parts?? damn!! hope you can get things fixed for sat.

Enzo- up and running- got the cant assembly from bomber and maufactured the hinge side....nice to have access to the machine shop.

JD- NOT all bark and no bite:nono: ...always willin to help a bro! Haven't mixed it up since the playing days waaaay back when...but I can still move:eplus2:

weather report is still holding up. wmur is showing us in the 10-16" range with snow starting Fri pm and eventually tapering off by Sat afternoon.

7:45 mandatory team meeting--double fisted!!!

I'm ready to step up & go pj stock. just gotta make sure I'm not popping one of my students. :eplus2:

If i dont have to cover for my roommate, I'll be there bring and early.

Being the retard I am, I went today before the snow came. Pure ice. Left at 12:30, got home to boston at 5:45. dozen accidents between exit 1 and 10 on 93. More than half included 4 wheel drive suvs/trucks. People gotta understand that ya sure you have 4wd, but everyone has 4 wheel brakes...

horrible day.

eh guy, we'll be there 7:45 on the pow boards sat. and the carvahs on sun. bunyan room.

roads are nasty already. it took my wife ova an 1hr20min to get from Concord to Exit 24. i came off an exit this afternoon like a mad drifter in my subee awd. I wasn't even pushing it. should be fun in the AM.

being drunk and driving 2 and a half hours...ya...I'm gona do my best to drink enough tonight to make me not want to drink tomorrow. I'll miss the parade though but no biggie. If I want to see drunk people marching down the street, I'll just throw a kegger and call the cops on myself. That reminds me, gotta go return my kegs to get some gas money.

edit: While typing this, I just convinced myself to be there sunday. Count me in :D