Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dokta, I like that.

My vote percentage is as high as ever at 25%. We are officially down to 4) guys. I do have 2) in the works, though. 

Potential rider short bio's:

Chomp: Chomp is a 4 year old terror and walking horror show. He bites and has a bad temper. He wears a flat brim as good as any thug you have seen wear a flat brim. He has been asking uncle Joe for a snowboard for 2 years now. He will get his 1st snowboard this fall for his 5th birthday. His new favorite babysitter is Millie who also shreds at Loon. He will be taking over the roll as team enforcer/lead goon. 

Smitty Kas : Smitty Kas is a 28 year old Loon shredder. This was her last year with the adaptive program/NEDS. She will have Saturdays and Sundays to herself, and approached BIG DUKE 6 for gear, lessons and protection from T32 as she transitions from a free style board to a carving board. Her 1st board will be the T32 Elan 163 ballistic. The 163 Elan, has been ridden by 6 current/former Loon shredders. So look for a 6' tall blonde to be on the hill next year as a known associate/1%er. 

The team membership criteria has been slightly altered.  Team uniform compliance has lowered the standards, the all black uniform from the past has fallen by the wayside. Since the change of all the new T32 colors allowed, a better awareness of awesomeness has been noticed by the Loon regulars, street credit is way up, even though the membership numbers are down. Also mittens are welcome, more durable and less damaging when throwing haymakers at park monkeys. We have changed watering holes as well. As the music got louder, and the crowds started earlier and earlier due to unemployment being up, we have moved across the parking lot to the Blue OX named Babe. You can usually get a table, a stiff drink, and "take me home tonight" is played every evening during apres. 

Gaydas are still not welcome. In addition to the anti Gayda law, boot gloves are know part of the anti gayda law. NOT prohibited. 

Excessive plasti-dip if prohibited as well.

DTMFH !!!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave is such a common name but i think you mean me since rob and i conversed about this via text and phone calls? just lurking around bomber and saw this so sorry for the delay. never got an email either Derek. i have a place to stay if i can make it. pretty sure i will. 2/27 to 3/3 correct?

1 hour ago, dhamann said:

Dave is such a common name but i think you mean me since rob and i conversed about this via text and phone calls? just lurking around bomber and saw this so sorry for the delay. never got an email either Derek. i have a place to stay if i can make it. pretty sure i will. 2/27 to 3/3 correct?

Yes, hey Dave, I used the email I had for you last year and got an email from Rob saying that you couldn't make it. If that's changed, use my jdbonz@msn.com. 2/27-3/3 is indeed the time frame. So far, we have several riders that will be there for the week, most of whom were in the house last year at Stratton. Jason Burrill and Nate Soucy I believe will be joining and I think Gleb who normally rides at Loon will be there for a couple days.

Bonz

• Like 2

Ok T32 I'll be up there tomorrow morning. Joe has promised he'll have the red carpet rolled out for my arrival:cool:. I am meeting up with a buddy (SB rider) and can probably do a few run in the morning with you guys. I hope to be in the lodge by 7:45 the latest.