Note to New Members ×

What to do in a No Snow Winter

lowrider

It's similar here.  It's supposed to be below freezing for a while starting tomorrow, so they can start making snow.  The local resorts are forecasting opening this coming weekend, but I think it'll be a White Ribbon of Death with very long lines.  No thanks.  

Probably: 

white-ribbon-of-death-boreal.jpg

We're downright warm through at least the end of the month.

I'm hitting the gym as an extended pre-season and trying to figure out trips out of area later in the season. Hopefully a little added strength will balance out lack of practice to maximize the days that do happen.

And youtube videos of other people having fun.

It dumped here in the Prairies.  :)  And it's getting colder quick.  :D  

I hit a deer in my car a week ago so it's in the shop getting fixed.  :(  My temporary rental car doesn't have snow tires.  >:|  It was a slow drive in to work today!  Don't care - the snow is beautiful!  

You have to give them an "A" for trying. At least at Calabogie they park their groomers on snow so they don't track gravel all over. Calabogie needs a change of luck !

Agreed 100%. It's not due to lack of effort.

Most of the local hills depend heavily on the revenue from the Christmas break so I'm sure they will fire the guns if they get the chance.

Feel for you folks.  We had the worst season in 30 years out west last season (Pacific Northwest) , the real west :) 

Today it warmed up about 11 am , started to basically rain, however we have a deeper snowpack NOW then we had at any time last season. During the same time I think the East was having a great season.  Looks like it has flipped on us. 

Bryan 

Not a promising start. Running in a tshirt in Dec is just guilty pleasure. 

Ullr needs some serious sacrificing. Anyone know any virgins that are ok with being thrown into a bonfire?

How about a good old fashioned internets flame war? Can Fin start one now?

• Like 1

Looks like we don't have to feel sorry for Corey anymore. Scratch his name from the list of destitute boarders. Winter is back at least for his region. -18 c temps for the next week means Santa has come through for him. My locally temps will be -4 for two nites so make snow then watch it melt .......... again !

Yes, winter has arrived here with a bang.  People stuck all over the place, multi-car pileups, commutes that take 50% longer - normal early-winter stuff.  I already had to fire up the snowblower to clear the driveway.  

I hope to be able to ride just after Christmas!  Here's hoping the rest of you get the snow without the vehicular pandemonium.